SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-12, 10:36 AM   #1
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0
Default 1.5 patch requirement

Hello all, have just updated the game to 1.4, so I can take advantage of TMO, and understand that I now need 1.5 before TMO will work.

I have downloaded something called '4GB patch' - is that something that goes on after 1.5?
Getting gently confused (not hard to do).

I also think I need to buy 1.5 because it is actually an add-on is that right? If so, can you point me to it please?

Ta
Old 01-02-12, 11:06 AM   #2
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Hi She-Wolf. If you have the means, purchase the SH4 Gold edition. This DVD is all you need. It contains the 1.5 addon, without the need for a seperate D/L and activation codes.

The latest TMO, as well as most of the mods are geared for 1.5. There may be some mods that are still available for 1.4, but I don't think they're still supported anymore.

If your system has 2gigs of RAM or more, than you could try the 4gig patch. It's really not a patch, but a small utility that allows programs (not just SH4) to use more than 2gigs of memory. This has solved alot of unknown CTD's for alot of folks, including myself. I use it for all my sims. It's easy to set up, and it works wonders. The only thing I'm not sure of off hand, is the OS requirements. It's easy enough to search the forums and find out though
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 11:15 AM   #3
IonicRipper
Engineer

Downloads: 103

The 1.5 patch is included with the U-Boat Missions add-on so you need to buy it in order to have the latest patch.

You can buy it off Ubisoft's website here: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_C...96900/sac.true

Your game version will be shown on the bottom right corner of the screen in the game's main menu.

Hope this helps
Old 01-02-12, 11:17 AM   #4
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152

Fish, thank you. I have had a look on Amazon and found the Gold version, but also the expansion pack separately ( U-Boat Missions) - which I assume is the same thing. Probably I would do best to go for Gold I s'pose, though of course the X-pack would be cheaper... yes I do have 4GB in the games machine, so that would be good

Ah, thank you Ionic, you have now answered the question
Old 01-02-12, 05:37 PM   #5
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

If you buy from Amazon through SubSim, SubSim gets a small cut from the price to help keep SubSim on the web. See the link at the bottom of the page.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote