SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-08, 01:11 PM   #1
TonyPiech
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I'm Back & Need Info on SH-4 Addon

I've been gone since January for tax season; I'm a CPA specializing in US Federal and State tax returns. The real busy season for me is finally slowing down, so I've been away till now. I've seen some threads on the SH-4 addon and have a couple questions; does the addon have improved graphics, does it use the DX10 engine? Are most satisfied that the addon is a worthwhile purchase? Thanks in advance for your response(s). Also, if I purchase and load the $10 addon, does it wipe-out the mods tht have been previously installed?
TonyPiech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 02:01 PM   #2
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

I don't think SH4 utilizes the additional capabilities of DX10. The water in 1.5 is slightly improved over 1.4. I'm satisfied with it, especially with some mods like Operation Monsoon and Spax's German speech fix. If you get the UBM add-on, you will first need to deactivate the mods with JSGME if you have it. If you don't, first reinstall the game the install the add-on. I don't think the add-on will even install if you have a modded SH4 folder. Once you have it installed it's time to start modding it with 1.5 compatible mods. Definitely download the ones I mentioned above. They greatly improve the German side of things! If you get the add-on, I'll make it easy for ya...

Here is the link for Operation Monsoon.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922

Here is a link to that German sound fix.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=87

One other thing, if you use Trigger Maru Overhauled, you will also need the TMO Enable U-boat ver3 mod. It can be found on the main TMO forum page here.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 07:02 AM   #3
u-960
Watch

Downloads: 27

It does improve gafix but slows the game down big time or a least it did for me
i would get it if i was you
Old 04-23-08, 07:18 PM   #4
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35
Default Additional Question

Not trying to hijack the thread but I wanted to add a question here myself as I'm just getting back to playing some games after a long hiatus.

Doesthe add-on only add/allow the use of 2 u-boats or does it add these to those that are already available in SH3? Thanks for any info you can provide!
Old 04-24-08, 08:11 AM   #5
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

I guess this was really a stupid question as there have been many views but no answers. The reason why I'm confused is this from the D2D site:

"New Playable Submarines: Take to the seas in new German submarines, including the long-range Type IX-D2 U-boat and the revolutionary Walther propulsion type XVIII U-boat. Learn the strengths and weaknesses of these boats and how you can overcome even elite, late-war allied destroyers with high-speed hit-and-run attacks."

So to me it means there are the older type of boats that we have in SH3 but also these new ones. Is that right? Thanks.
Old 04-24-08, 08:38 AM   #6
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

No, For the simple reason that none of the boats except the IX and the XXI could make the trip from France to Penang, There are mods that add some of them though, and the XVIIIs we're never built, But they are fun to play around with...

中国水兵? ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!! *Seppuku*