SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-30-12, 07:46 PM   #1
Marshall Ney
Loader

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
Default Help please

I finially,after watching the "how to" video4-5 times, loaded a couple of mods successfully!! But, I have a question, please, please.

I installed CSP Magui Interface, and I have stumbled thru it for two days, finding, then figuring out where, what, etc. is or how most things work. BUT, I can't figure out how do/use Manuel Targeting!!! If you're or someone is familiar with this UI, then there is silver/white dial type overlay that one can put over the periscope view. (Please refer to third picture on first page of download page(s). Does this do something??? I also don't get the little dude coming up where you can turn TDC on or off.
So, please how to I get the little dude to pop up or how do I get to him within the controls???

Gosh, I hope someone will help me, because I am still struggling with shooting torps, maybe 2 out of 10 hits. Or is there a mod that can be added to help with this. I finished British Coastal Waters, but if I;m going to succeed with Bolockade. I'll need to have 75+% hits!!! Most of the time now, I get one hit out of 4 and then surface to use deck gun to finish off. Also, how does one delete a profile saved game??

Thanks,
Marshall Ney
Marshall Ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 08:57 PM   #2
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Marshal, here a little help. Note that this isn't manual targeting but it's close.

Check this link and read Post "622. It should help you get started.... I hope.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...162934&page=42

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 07:59 AM   #3
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default Thanks

I appreciate this, but I am still interested in manuel Targeting with my present CSP Madui interface!!

But thanks, I will try this TDC method.

MN
Old 10-01-12, 10:32 AM   #4
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Ney View Post
I appreciate this, but I am still interested in manuel Targeting with my present CSP Madui interface!!

But thanks, I will try this TDC method.

MN
The above example is good for any UI for non-manual targeting.

Manual targeting is always the same, tbh. The tools are all there (at least I think they are, need to get myself a copy of CSP MaGui): RAOFB, stadimeter, identification of ships (ship journal)...
Now you just need to learn how to use them. It doesn't depend on the UI, only on how you use the tools. For which you totally can use RAOFB video tutorials by stoianm.

Which reminds me that I probably should mention to Dj to put stoianm's aob ruller mod into his new version

Unless you are actually searching for where the tools are in the gui?

Last edited by Targor Avelany; 10-01-12 at 10:55 AM.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 12:52 PM   #5
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
The above example is good for any UI for non-manual targeting.

Manual targeting is always the same, tbh. The tools are all there (at least I think they are, need to get myself a copy of CSP MaGui): RAOFB, stadimeter, identification of ships (ship journal)...
Now you just need to learn how to use them. It doesn't depend on the UI, only on how you use the tools. For which you totally can use RAOFB video tutorials by stoianm.

Which reminds me that I probably should mention to Dj to put stoianm's aob ruller mod into his new version

Unless you are actually searching for where the tools are in the gui?

Yes, your last sentence; how do I get manuel tool to popup or get to?? In original game, once you click on target, a icon(man) pops up, one clicks on icon, to stay on TDW, or go to manual control. This is not happening in my game right now. I only can figure out how to use TDC. That series of boxes where you input ship type, bearing, range, speed and AOB manually is not coming up auto, nor can I find where to make it come up.

Thanks,

MN
Old 10-01-12, 01:07 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Yes, your last sentence; how do I get manuel tool to popup or get to??
In this case, you shouldn't have started a new thread for such a specific question. I am sure that asking in the MaGui thread would have been enough to get a faster and definitive asnwer fom Dr Jones, author of the UI.

On a side note, I have still to figure out why you guys are so happy to click often the "start new thread" button
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 04:34 PM   #7
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default Gap

I have a post there and haven't rec'd any replys about this and other questions, like how to delete a profile(s) in save area.

To all who have responded, I thank you. Now, sort of an apology,but I just docked and went into options to change to "limited fuel", because I noticed it never ran down!! There, also, I saw, "Manual targeting" unchecked. I was puzzled, because I never unchecked it and in vanilla game, which I was playing before this weekend and mod, there was a chioce. When you locked on a ship(spacebar) a little icon popped upand you either went TDC or manual with all the catagories to fill in. This is what I was talking about in above post. So, in mods, does one only get to shoot one way?? either manual or TDC??? Also, I tried TDC method mentioned above and I got it; sank a destroyer and 2 freighters okay.

Good Day

MN

Last edited by Marshall Ney; 10-01-12 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-01-12, 05:03 PM   #8
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I have a post there and have't rec'd any replys about this and other questions.

MN
Try asking again, posing concise and specific questions in the appropriate thread, i.e: "what shortcut key should I press for doing bla bla bla, and what is this (description) button supposed to do?" instead of "I have no clue how this UI do work, please help". By doing so, you will help fellow subsim members to help you.

Even so, it is possible that the desired answer will come after several days, or even that atm your question(s) can't be answered by anyone.

P.S: reading the other thread I've noticed tha you were also asking for suggestions about a basic loadout of mods that might go together with MaGui. If so, this is what you are looking for: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...57#post1806557
gap is offline   Reply With Quote