SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-09, 02:52 PM   #1
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1
Default WiFi connection driving me insane

I currently have internet service through ATT U-verse with a 2wire USB adapter (this one: http://www.2wire.com/?p=117). For months now the connection keeps dropping and sometimes reconnecting, sometimes not. Doing a bit of research has led me to some possible solutions, none of which alleviate my problem.

1. I'm running Windows XP and have upgraded to SP3. No joy
2. I've tried changing my wifi channels to 1, 6 and 11. None of them seem to work any better than the others
3. Under my wireless network connection properties, I've disabled the option to "use windows to configure my wireless networking settings". Didn't work, as my adapter doesn't have any software included with it to handle these settings that I know of.
4. I've tried disabling the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service and all this does is make it so I can't reconnect when my connection fails
5. I've tried physically moving my adapter to a different USB slot in my computer, as well as moving it away from any walls. My router is in the living room and I'm in the bedroom about 25 feet away so I don't think that's the problem.
6. I do live in an apartment complex and I do see a few other wifi networks around me. Could it just simply be interference?

I'm at my wits end. I have no reliable connection to the internet at home. Sometimes it's more reliable than others, but for the past couple of weeks its been a complete headache.

Should I just can the wireless and go back to a DSL/cable line?

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote