SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-24, 01:14 AM   #31
Doctor Haider
Seaman

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Why does the target speed changes when I go from Torpedo Room back to TDC station? I set it to be 8 knots, go to Torpedo Room to check Gyro angle, go back and now it's 5 knots. Why? Also torpedo speed setting go down to 30 knots from the original set 44 knots.

Also the thing that puzzles me why the dispersion is set to some value different from 0 for one torpedo shots? I have a strong suspicion that this is used for one torpedo wich result in misses. So I need to manually set it to zero in Tropedo Room. I cannot change dispersion in TDC station...

UPD: I sorted it out lol. I was using the early TDC on type IID.

1. It looks like speed setting on torpedo should be set in torpedo room first or on the periscope torpedo settings dialog and then set in same way in TDC. actually it will automatically set to the same speed as in torpedo room when you leave TDC station. So if it was set to 30 in TR it will be set to 30 knots overriding your manual input in TDC

2. The AOB actuator at least in early TDC model overrides target speed setting so when my torpedo speed setting was overrided by the game, gyro ange was recalculated so AOB changed so target speed setting changed too.. I wonder if real stuff worked like this as well...

3. Salvo dispersion doesn't affect one torpedo shots at least in the latest 2024 Beta verison. I tested that by setting target speed to 0 and launch bearing to 0 so torpedo just went straight ignoring the dispersion setting. Good.

Last edited by Doctor Haider; 06-27-24 at 01:38 AM.
Doctor Haider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-24, 05:13 AM   #32
Ruby2000
Engineer

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

Hi,

the target speed is changed by design when you change the torpedo speed on the TDC.

The first thing you have to do is always set the torpedo speed on the TDC.

Cheers Ruby
Ruby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote