Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-24, 12:26 PM   #8026
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubaas View Post
They're militarizing Gotland, placing a Typhon missile system on Bornholm, squeezing transit through the Suwalki gap making logistical support of Kaliningrad expensive and difficult, Micron in France openly has troops on the ground in Ukraine and plans to send more, the rest of the west covertly has troops there, the brain giants who "lead" the west have all given permission for Ukraine to launch attacks inside Russia with western weapons, the F-16s are coming, a Russian MP has advocated nuking a European port to interdict Europe's energy supply and that means Rotterdam, drones are plaguing the Russians and they're eyeing drone manufacturing in the UK, the Baltics are foaming at the mouth, there's talk of turning the Baltic Sea into a "A NATO lake", the west is eyeing the northern sea route, and Poland has been mentioned by Russia as being in need of more radiation.

Meanwhile, Israel is attacking Hesbollah in Lebanon, Iran is POed, the mess in Gaza continues, the Houthis continue, Spain is joining South Africa's ICC/ICJ complaint against Israel, etcetera.

And, the west is getting belligerent with China over Taiwan, as Japan petulantly refuses to talk to Russia about the disputed Kuril Islands. And North Korea is distributing airborne garbage.

Now, what could go wrong? I'm confident that the west's DEI-driven militaries can handle a multi-front war with elan and alacrity, as long as they don't break a heel while traversing rough terrain. And they wear military grade high heels.

Don't but any green bananas. They probably won't ripen fast enough for you to eat them.

Have a nice day!

You could pick just about any point in human history and come up with an equally alarming list. Telling people in breathless tones that they won't live long enough for bananas to ripen is just plain ignorant.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-24, 03:13 PM   #8027
Oubaas
Weps

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You could pick just about any point in human history and come up with an equally alarming list. Telling people in breathless tones that they won't live long enough for bananas to ripen is just plain ignorant.
I spent the early years of my military career forward deployed and deployed.

Later on, much to my chagrin, the Pentagon issued orders for me to go to school to become an analyst.

I graduated with honors, returned to duty, and finished my career successfully as an analyst. I was sometimes accused of having a crystal ball.

If you don't see the peril of our present situation, incomparable to anything in history, then you have no understanding of what you're seeing.

And what's actually ignorant is being so emotionally immature that you attack and insult another poster in panicky, truculent tones because you're stricken with fear by what they're saying.

You're certainly free to disagree, but disagree like an adult, not a petulant high school kid.
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-24, 03:15 PM   #8028
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
I spent the early years of my military career forward deployed and deployed.

Later on, much to my chagrin, the Pentagon issued orders for me to go to school to become an analyst.

I graduated with honors, returned to duty, and finished my career successfully as an analyst. I was sometimes accused of having a crystal ball.

If you don't see the peril of our present situation, incomparable to anything in history, then you have no understanding of what you're seeing.

And what's actually ignorant is being so emotionally immature that you attack and insult another poster in panicky, truculent tones because you're stricken with fear by what they're saying.

You're certainly free to disagree, but disagree like an adult, not a petulant high school kid.
Well I ain't an analyst, even though I can see the future isn't exactly bright.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-24, 03:39 PM   #8029
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
This is what has me thinking about running away to Paraguay. The northern hemisphere could destroy itself, but I might still be relatively safe in a backwater like that with it's own food on the hoof, 400 years worth of water, and more hydro power than they can use themselves.
Old 06-06-24, 03:52 PM   #8030
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Meanwhile, remember when I brought this up?:

What Beau is missing is what happens to the people who present/brief Trump with classified info? At a minimum, that would be considered a security violation and the presenters could/would be liable for prosecution.

Its the same as if you were tasked with handing out classified code books and you gave one to your crazy cousin Bill. Mistake or not, its YOUR ### that's on the hook.

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-24, 04:49 PM   #8031
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

We seem to forget one important thing and it has to do with the title of this thread:

Are the two main Presidential candidate fit for handling the coming crisis which will, not may, occur within the next 4-5 year ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote