View Single Post
Old 11-27-20, 01:22 PM   #77
GSmith63
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuy570 View Post
Great mod, it adds a lot of flavor to the campaign. The 1984 campaign gets old after a while. I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but according to one of my books, the Romeo, Kanin, Sverdlov, and Kazbek where all retired by 1990. It is also interesting to note, a couple Yankee's (both the SSGN and SSBN versions), and a couple Whiskey's, where still in service at the time. But honestly I'm not sure if there would be enough to really make an appearance. Just a couple thoughts, but very nice work!
Thanks NavyGuy! The overall goal was to simulate the attrition of front line Red units over the course of the war. But yeah, I agree that those older units were largely out of service, although many of them had not yet been scrapped. My thought was that they would have been quickly pressed back into service to replace front-line units that had been damaged or sunk. In the campaign timeline the Soviets had nearly three months to prepare before the beginning of hostilities, so the re-activations could have started early.

With that said, I'll also be the first to admit that I'm not sure if my line of reasoning is brilliant conjecture or self-serving rationalization!
GSmith63 is offline   Reply With Quote