View Single Post
Old 03-13-23, 10:26 PM   #5338
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There-in lies the key "Gato ... February 1943", the highest available boat at the time, and prior to the possibly early Balao "reward"... The game could not do anything other than give him the tower... When Jupiter, aligns with Mars... - besides the fact that he sank a BB AND a CV...

I also suppose torpedobait, that you had several patrols prior in another boat, before getting the Gato at Fremantle, correct?...
Yes. Started on 12/08/41 in USS Searaven (Sargo) out of Manila; After arriving in Fremantle, I transferred to USS Tuna, a Tambor class boat on 05/31/42; Made 3 patrols then went to Gato on 12/09/42, again while in Fremantle. After 2 patrols in that boat got the Conning Tower Refit on 02/26/43. Made 2 more patrols and was offered a new command on 04/12/43, presumably a Balao, which I declined.

I want to keep the Gato and enjoy the new tower. This last patrol we were jumped by a Zero while conducting a gunfire attack on a troopship. My two AA gunners, each with a twin 20mm, dispatched the Zero handily. Can't wait till I can add twin 40mm's. Bwaaaahaaaahaaa! Now preparing for our 3rd patrol in Gato out of Fremantle.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote