View Single Post
Old 03-17-22, 11:47 AM   #4455
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The patch does the APR-1 RWR 'fix', properly activating it on certain boats, and does nothing "operationally". When doing Saves such as you describe, are you exiting the game after the Save, and then re-starting it before trying to load the Save? You do have to exit the game if doing such. Let us know, please! If you are, then be sure you are pausing a bit after Saving to allow the game to finish its write to the hard drive, which is even more important if you have any write-caching activated in Windows, even if you are using an SSD. As usual, double-check your LAA or 4Gig Patch activation.
"When doing Saves such as you describe, are you exiting the game after the Save, and then re-starting it before trying to load the Save?" No
I usually proceed on the charted course for a while, many minutes, then "Esc", and Return to Main, select Load and choose one of the previous Saves.
Today, I start the game, and choose the last of the two Saves, it loads ok, showing the remaining charted course. So exiting the game does allow reloading a Save correctly, but, I've never had to do it that way with v1.7 or any other previous version before!

Is there something I should check with Win10 regarding this? And yes, my game is loaded on the SSD.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by jldjs; 03-31-22 at 12:03 PM. Reason: I’m editing this post because the cause of the problem I encountered was a bad MOD.