View Single Post
Old 03-13-22, 11:28 AM   #4450
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
What files did the team adjust to make the weather changes happen at such a good rate. I like the frequency of the changes. I would like to try it with KSD II.
It can still get stuck in the "interminable" weather pattern, but doesn't seem to do that as often. CapnScurvy was the one who edited the environment last, but I'm not certain as to what all he adjusted. Perhaps he would see a PM, if his InBox isn't full?? But probably the biggest contributor to the game running as well as it does now, including cleaner Saved games, is the reduction of the ID conflicts, of which s7rikeback has been a bulldog on rooting those out. He hasn't attempted to eliminate the player sub conflicts, since there is only one of those at a time on a computer, even if doing Multi-Player, but he has removed a goodly portion of others. We'll have to see if he gets time to come by and comment. The game running better (more efficiently) seems to contribute to the weather "timing" being better. If you Save and exit the game, and come back later to play, you can still run into the "clock" for the weather re-setting and getting seemingly "stuck", just like the repair times starting over will do...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote