View Single Post
Old 02-21-22, 10:39 PM   #4407
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
ok, after further review, you've connected the compressor to the compressed air tanks. i missed that with the first read.

when i made a cursory glance at the Zones.cfg file, i noticed that there is no zone for compressed air. But there is one for Compresor (sic).

so, the conclusion i draw is that when the Compressor is damaged, it manifests itself with decreased compressed air.

again, very Ubi.

Yes lol very UBI. There are a lot of things present we can't see on our damage and systems screen, but play a role in the damage model. I suppose that, like many aspects of sim at release, damage model was not complete.

Yes, I recall some bit in the old SH 4 manual lol talking about how vital compressor it is as allows to replenish the compressed air. Now, that isa given, but just recently found its connected to the reserve in if it is damaged or destroyed.

Thing is by default that thing has a lot of armor and hit points (the compressor) so its rarely destroyed, kind of like trim pumps. When I was reworking damage model, I made such equipment a lot more vulnerable, so now in TMO, you can lose your trim pump , hydraulic pump,etc and even after damage screen says repaired, noticed they may function but are not operating at full capacity. Same with deck gun. Batteries, esp in the Narwhal and older boats, have noticed after take damage, even if ay repaired, they will only charge up to X capacity, but not 100, battery charge will stay on if dont manually stop it in this case. This 'unseen damage " issue, goes back to even stock game now I think about it, its been so long since I ran stock though lol, def recall it showing up in mods over years .

Few patrols back, I surfaced thinking my deck was repaired after taking damage few days before, the screen said it was repaired, ordered it to fire on damaged ship, said gun too damaged to fire. I manned it myelf, nope, would not even rotate lol.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 02-21-22 at 10:55 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote