View Single Post
Old 02-13-22, 12:17 PM   #4377
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Deck Gun Crew Slots Gone

I've been running a career from Cavite (Dec. 8, 1941).
It ran "normal" from Cavite to Darwin to Albany to Bribane with no anomalies that I can see.

On 2/5/43 I requested a transfer to Tulagi to see how that would go. By that time I was in Gato. I ran two patrols out of Tulagi and on 4/17/43 received a Conning Tower Cutback, then ran two more patrols out of Tulagi.

On 7/19/43 received an upgrade to USS Balao. Ran two patrols in that boat. Midway through the 2nd patrol on 10/2/1943 the base changed from Tulagi to NAB Milne Bay, which was cool to see.

Now the problem: got into port on 10/03/43, and was informed that a New Paint Scheme had been applied. Fine, except they make you buy back all the radars, new AA guns, etc. only this time, while it let me upgrade the deck gun to a 4.5 inch Stern Mount (where it had been prior to the new paint scheme), but it took away the crew slots.

I've since run two more patrols out of NAB Milne Bay without crew slots for the deck gun. I'm sure I could go tinker in the last save game and add slots, but this is a bug and needs to be "fixed" if it can be fixed.

Otherwise, I've never had so much fun with any of the previous mods or versions, FOTRSU or any other. I am starting to see that the dumbed down AI lessens some of the action in that the AI is almost too disinterested. So I'm going to remove that Mod and see how it goes with just the "regular" AI.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote