View Single Post
Old 07-19-21, 12:30 PM   #3686
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I'll not complain about not having anything on the damage control screen ever again... sigh - it all started with a "Radar contact, bearing four zero, long distance", but then the blip was gone, never to be seen again... Then "Aircraft spotted!"...

Wow... that's close! Where is my radar again for THIS plane? from the bridge, it looked like he was maybe 50 foot above the sea on the approach. Are they really that smart in this game? Anyway, the conn is about to disappear beneath the waves, but there he is, drops the stick, and "BOOM!!!" right dead-center on the conn and "BOOM"! right dead-center on the after deck... In this pic, I was too late for the explosion, and the smoke ball obscures the shears on the boat, but you get the idea:

Back inside, we have flooding, but not too bad. Hull damage but minimal, but my golly, all of the watch crew members are wounded:

Several of them are barely alive... you might also notice there that the AA guns are damaged... So the damage screen:

Basically took out the conn... Well, I do have a five inch deck gun, and I do have torpedoes, though I have NOTHING to aim with... and the whole purpose of this is to TEST THE RADAR and it is gone... lol - good thing I saved a few days ago after that other plane attack! lol

lol it happens. Now, we know in reality direct hit like that would have sunk your boat. I like there is failure by SD and lookouts because in reality SD was not always reliable and lookouts did occasionally miss planes until were close.

I had a similar experience recently but with my "friendly fire" units I added to TMO Stopped to refuel and after departing, SD failed to detect a PBY outside Johnston Island until was at 5.5 NM and lookouts did not spot him before (I do want to adjust the visual range for lookouts, if I can see things, they should be able to as well) , noticed he was making a run so ordered a dive. As passed 80 feet, two depth charges..one on each side of the sub exploded.

Sent hull damage to 70...destroyed trim pump...hydraulic pumps..compressors..forward batteries heavily damaged...pretty much everything in control room and conning tower was in shambles.

With trim pump knocked out...could not maintain a proper depth boat bounced a bit. Surfaced and headed back to Pearl lol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote