Old 07-18-21, 01:13 PM   #3682
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
... Some where in my v146 file as well as the pre16. here is what I found,
In Flottilas.upc, Flotilla 2, boat 9, Narwhal. objective 12 is listed as obj 11. the start date has no dashes. ie, 19420125. should be 1942-01-25. this is the PhilippinesOPS. the next ones I was tired and forgot to write down the flotilla number. A Gato boat 5, on a south pacific objetive, has an obj of 12. This should be 13. Obj 11, of same boat has the ID incorrect. the id=BR5obj11, should be id=BR6obj11. Then in F16 HP14 GAR1 to guam test boat. The userplayerunittype is set to 11. This should be 14. Also in F19, the S42 boat, obj 5. the userplayerunittype is set to 11 should be 12. This is what I noticed. I know when I edited wrong previously, I made the game lose its mind. So these thing might make the game do strange things? Hope this helps.
I also noticed two versions of the Formosa objective. I was wonding if they are the same or not? one version has an ending date. and the objectivecode is Formosa Strait. The other has an ending date of NULL with the objectivecode of Formosa. I am just wondering if they are the ssame or different...
Thanks for that. We did find that the other day, and there should be the dashes in the dates, and well as other corrections. That happens when a certain modder is "snow blind" from the white space in the files and neglects to correct the dates from the PatrolObjectives files... So a mission is built, and input in the PatrolObjectives file, and its dates there copied into the Flotillas files. The modder is then supposed to add the dashes... too many times of doing that, and with drool running down the chin, things start to slip... kind of like the ST Radar currently... The "fix" is in though. As for the Formosa versus Formosa Strait, the original intent was for a SWPA and CenPac set of missions, restricted appropriately by dates, but there were some SpecOps performed there also, so the "doubling" of the calls. We do have to eliminate some of those type calls though, because the game chokes terribly if the same boat gets a SpecOp call and then the same Formosa call, when it is the same mission.

Now, I am currently attempting to test an ST upgrade, so I started at Pearl in a Balao boat (Escolar), and my assignment was a "Sink" mission off Kii Suido. Wanting to "waste" some time on the patrol, so I could try for the ST upgrade after the first, I decide to take the long way there and go via Attu and refuel up there. I cannot decide which of these two pictures I like best. The first is somewhat washed-out from the brightness of the sun, and the 2nd shows "shadow" in the wake of the boat:

But that is coming into Attu Massacre Bay. I really like the effect of the sun burning through the fog. Anyway, topped-off the tanks and headed down along the Kurile chain. While up near Parimushiro, we got the message of a heavy naval engagement in Leyte Gulf. Being the astute SH4 player that I am (hah! hardly), and having done the dating of some of CapnScurvy's contributions to the game, I knew the Kamikaze planes enter the fray mid October... but that is down around the Ryukyus, right?... no, that also happens up north... None of my early pictures of this incident turned out, probably from being too excited, but...

We were cruising on the surface at the time, attack periscope up, and I just happened to be on the bridge, when we get an "aircraft spotted, bearing 260, close range" or whatever he said. Then we immediately hear scraping and grinding, like we had run aground, and an explosion right above us, with plane bits falling about us, and then a last "BOOM!!!" to starboard. Looking right, the OOD is in the way, so I hurry and do an external cam, and missed my first picture attempt... but there is a plane down in the water and on fire. I go to the NavMap and click on the little plane icon there, and it says "JP Kamikaze". Can you believe it? My 2nd pic attempt fails trying to take a picture of that. Just a bit late, I call for "Crash Dive!!!"... so I drew a circle with the compass to show that it was 750 yards off the boat, click the plane icon again to show its class, and have (apparently) and 3rd picture failure... sigh - anyway, we did get a "periscope damaged report, so I went to the damage screen, to see if we had any flooding or bulkhead damage:

Nothing shows damaged... but I can't see out of the Attack Periscope... using the Observation Periscope, I look at the Attack Periscope, and it doesn't look to have a head on it. I turned the attack scope to 180 and no difference in the way it looks. I have never seen this:

here's the overview of where we were, and the probably "source" of the plane, though that is a bit of a way for a Zero to travel. Of course, one-way trip though:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote