View Single Post
Old 07-18-21, 10:30 AM   #3678
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Last night, I ran through a bunch of starts for the various boats available after 1st January, 1945, and they all do not show a listing for the ST nor SJ radars, but that is easy enough to fix. I do not understand how we reverted to that state, but we did. All radars are present, and do function though. The testing involves the start on the surface, radar on continuous sweep and identifying targets. Ahead One Third and submerging to Periscope Depth, watching the radar menu icons to show activity while using the external view to watch when the various parts of the submarine go under. Radar turns off automatically when expected. I then raise the Observation Periscope, which does indeed have the ST radar head, and when it breaks the surface, the radar turns on and I can see that on the radar screen, menu icons and on the NavMap. The crew again reports contacts. Lower the periscope, and it turns off again. So the ST and SJ function as expected, other than the lack of listing in the office for the devices. I have a test career set-up for a Gato boat to do an "update" from SJ-I to ST, which I will get into later this afternoon. I will then do the Balao and then try to set-up a Balao career a bit earlier and attempt to do a new command to the Tench, and see how that goes over the next few days.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote