View Single Post
Old 07-13-21, 09:32 PM   #3650
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
I just made a direct in game comparison between the Marine .Dat found in FOTRSU and this mod, The only observable difference was the loss of watch crew eyes..otherwise I saw no change in uniform quality ... IMO...I don't think this mod is necessary for FOTRSU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Are the eyes possibly not in the mod's file? Perhaps it is meant for a "merge" with the existing Marine.dat file, and ~then~ activate it? I'll try to dig into that... I do know that we had issues with the hats a while back that CapnScurvy fixed, with a Fred mod (I think)... might have been Captain America on that one also... Looking at my game on my system, I do not have that view of the back of the officers, but I also don't know if I'm getting the "bust_m01" or a different top...
Yes, the hat models in "marine_dat_1_5_fixed" are also not very good so the best way is to find what this mod did to "bust_m01" and apply that to FotRSU file. FotRSU is quite good with the better hats and eyeballs.

In particular, the "bust_m01" means the "short sleeves" coat model. Long sleeves texture are all good. so if we find any crewman (both officer or seaman will do) in shrot sleeves, and put him on deck watch position under a bright sunlight, that problem would be more obvious.

Last edited by flaminus; 07-13-21 at 09:55 PM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote