View Single Post
Old 07-13-21, 06:52 PM   #3649
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well KM, the Tench should come with the ST on 1945-01-01. Look through your files though and double-check the "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 1" for the presence of "IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault2= 1945-01-01, NULL, STRadarAnt". Then look at "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 6" for the presence of "IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault2= 1945-01-01, NULL, ObsPeriscopeHeadST". I do not remember what they'll look like in the Save file set... The "Upgrade" should have a line "IDLinkUpgradePackElements= STRadarApp, ObsPeriscopeST, STRadarAnt". Those are all associated with the conning tower in the UnitParts9Tench.upc. In the Submarine Tench.upc will have a section
[UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 1]
ID= UpgSurfaceSearchRadar
NameDisplayable= Surface Search Radar
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=BalaoSurfaceRadars, BalaoSurfaceRadarsImp, DummyRadar
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots= EqSlot42, EqSlot43, SurfRadarAntenna
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1943-05-31, SJ Radar Balao
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault2= 1943-06-01, 1944-12-31, SJ-1 Improved Radar Balao
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault3= 1945-01-01, NULL, ST Radar
All of those are necessary for the ST to function. You do have to be at Radar Depth, Observation periscope up, and the radar on and on sweep, no waves washing over the scope head. Notice that the radars are now done like the AA guns as mazzi showed for the deck gun, and that all parts are listed, and the "Upgrade" should now work, even on the Gato and Balao -BUT- no early purchases because of the need for multiple parts in two different files, and we can't get them to link together, so we gave up on that... but that should be with the Tench, and during testing for v1.46, was fully functional on multiple computers. It ~looks~ like you have it all there except you are not showing a listing for the ST Periscope Head... ??
the Upgrade Section has only this with regards to the ST Radar, which i included in my previous email:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 1]
ID=UpgSurfaceSearchRadar
NameDisplayable=Surface Search Radar
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=BalaoSurfaceRadars,BalaoSurfaceRadar sImp,DummyRadar
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots=EqSlot42,EqSlot43,SurfRadar Antenna
CurrentUpgradePack=ST Periscope Radar
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsLoaded=NULL

ignore the extra space in the AcceptedTypes line. that is a text hiccup by the forum GUI. it is NOT present in the actual ActiveUsers file.

there is no ST Periscope Head.
the Observation Periscope is still just the ObsPeriscopeHead.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 10.EquipmentSlot 6]
ID=ObsPeriscopeHeadSlot
NameDisplayable=Night Periscope Head
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
ExternalNodeName3D=O03
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=27
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=ObsPeriscopeHead

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 10.EquipmentSlot 6.Equipment]
ID=ObsPeriscopeHead
NameDisplayable=Night Periscope Head
EquipmentInterval=1900-01-01, 1999-12-31
EquipmentSlotType=NULL
ExternalLinkName3D=NSS_obs_periscop
FunctionalType=EqFTypePeriscopeHead
As i indicated previously, the ST radar was not part of the Tench when the boat was offered to me in February 1945. it was available to me after the first mission with the upgrade. i did not load it on board until May 14, 1945... at zero cost.

so it would appear that all three IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault's are missing from [UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 1] as well as the two Equipment Slot entries in Compartment 10.

i will zip up the savefolder as well as the tench.upc file for your perusal. i'll send it along in a PM. let me know if you need something else.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote