Old 07-03-21, 11:35 AM   #3606
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Morning Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, Stenmars, I have run across this once before in the Titan. No matter what I did, the game thought I was under water. I believe it has to do with the base game. I broke protocol, drop out to desktop to Skype, instead of saving and exiting. Thus I believed I "hiccuped" the game. I have never repeated the problem, but I learned not to drop to the desktop during the game. I am just relaying my experience with running out of O2.

as always, Thanks to all the modders for FOTRSU.

Propbeanie, as I am thinking about it. I am reporting on the planes. I am using FOTRSU Preview 16 . The planes are not attacking me at night so far. I am only up to March of 1942. This is different than FOTRSU 1.46 when they would not leave me alone. This is just info for you.

Thanks

Comder
Yes, the active date for Japanese radar is different, and it is not as strong when it is active. Previously, when you encountered a plane with radar (Betty active after Mar 1944 - but others are sooner), they were already making a bee line for your location. Now, when your radar picks them up, they might be approaching, but not always bee lining, but you might now see them turn toward you, indicating they have a fix on you. When you crash dive and then watch for the planes, they will now "attack" the location you dived and drop bombs or depth charges, depending upon what they are armed with, in the area where they "lost contact" from your diving, even though they never "saw" you. This will necessitate the use of "Crash Dive!!!", and a turn, but NOT toward or away directly, because they do still "miss" on their drops, and you wouldn't want to accidentally drive into their errant drop, such as what I have done a couple of times while testing... a torpedo plane, you turn into or away from so that you might "comb" the torpedo wake, but the bombs require getting away from your last-known location ASAP, and from what I have experienced, a roughly 45 degree turn works best for that, but you do have to crash dive when the plane gets within say 7-8 nm, else you won't have enough time... Visual range, and you are too late.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-03-21 at 11:44 AM. Reason: radar activity
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote