View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 10:34 AM   #3602
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
1. No, did not purchase early for renown. It was offered at no cost on arrival to new Forward Base at Manus Island - Arrival date there was MAY 24, 1944.
2. I did not change the deck gun position this time or since encountering the crew missing problem back several versions ago. It wasn't worth the work, so I take it where the game places it.
3. Will the file changes to incorporate the additional gunners be added to a future version? If I have to go through the somewhat complex process to do it myself I'd rather wait for it to appear in a mod (bless you modders!) or just do without as I have so far.
4. Thanks for all you do for us!
Nutz... I highlighted the text in orange, which targets the problem. You should not have that 40mm gun on the boat yet. Let me dig into the files and see if I can figure the route it is taking to sneak in there. The location where you are will not matter, other than the game does "favor" Pearl first, and Fremantle "last" as for equipment assignments and dates. The positions are assigned by date, and are supposed to coordinate with the gun dates. As KM says, only do edits to the Save file while in port, and then only on a copy, and keep the original copy in a safe location for potential replacement of the edited version - I have trashed probably as many Saves as I have "fixed"...

Oh! - forgot to ask! Where and when did you get the Balao originally?

btw - the "AdditionalRepository" text is from the game itself when it creates the Save files. We have no control over that aspect of the "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" file. Also, there is a byte counter for the Save system, so one does have to be careful which files they edit, and how extensively they are edited.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-03-21 at 10:43 AM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote