View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 10:21 AM   #3601
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Ok,

I made a copy using Ctl-C and Ctl-V, then opened the "original" version, did a search for "AdditionalRepository" and found 2 of them. Not knowing which was which, I deleted BOTH of the phrases. Each was in a flak gun section.

I suppose I should not have deleted one of the two "AdditionalRepository" entries, but which one? I'll go back to the Saved Copy, reset it to be the original, and try deleting just one of them, starting with the 2nd one. I'll let you know. Thanks for your suggestions!

EDIT: i WENT BACK TO MAKE THE CHANGES AGAIN, AND THIS TIME I FOUND FOUR ENTRIES WITH THE "AdditionalRepository" PHRASE. ANY IDEA WHICH ONE(S) SHOULD BE DELETED?
ok, class is in session.....

when trying to remedy the no-crew situation, keep in mind that you may have both forward and aft (bow and stern) flak guns.
this means that you will see two separate weapons requiring two different sets of crew. in some instances, your boat may have only one of those weapons. if that is the case, you should change only change the crew setting for the weapon you have, either fore or aft.

here is an example from a current mission of mine. i've dropped some unnecessary lines and substituted the dots.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart.Compartment 2.CrewMemberSlot 1]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_FlakL1
NameDisplayable=Flak Guns Crew
Type=Leader

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart.Compartment 2.CrewMemberSlot 2]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_FlakC1
NameDisplayable=Flak Guns Crew
Type=Crewman

more than likely, you saw two (or maybe three or four) entries with CrewMemberSlot #AdditionalRepository. that means that the modder planned to have a specific number of crew to man the weapon. by removing the additionalrepository text you make one or more slots available for crew. it is up to you how many crew you want. there is no right-or-wrong answer.
the Leader designation means that the weapon will be guided by the leadership of a crewman. that man's leadership skill will add (or detract) from the performance of the crew for that weapon. you do not need a Leader for any weapon. it is just an additional factor.

let me repeat my advice from the previous post: do not make config changes during a mission. either back-up in time to your last in-port savegame to make changes or wait until you return to port. can't stress this enough.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote