View Single Post
Old 06-25-21, 05:58 AM   #3518
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:

That is not the design of the mod, no. However, the dates for the New Construction do get out of whack entirely too easily, defeating the purpose of having the SeaTrials. It sounds like maybe you got stuck in no man's land. You have to go all of the way into the actual Mare Island Naval Yard area, if that is where you started from, and End Patrol there. Treasure Island sits astride San Francisco Bay, and it will ask you if you want to Dock, but only for re-supply. You have to End Patrol to be able to repair the damaged bulkhead. However, look for where the fouled, tilted anchor is, which of course signifies your home port, as you know. If you have now done four trial missions, and you are stuck at Mare Island Naval Yard, not being forwarded to Pearl Harbor, then you will have to use the phone in the Captain's Office and request the transfer yourself. If only there was some way to have a definite number of days in-port between "patrols" for the SeaTrials, things would be much :
Many thanks for the answer! I made the trip returning from Pearl to Mare Island and docked. The option "End Patrol" appeared, so I end the trials patrol and obtained renown, promotion and hull repaired. All works fine.

A sugerence for the next release: the radio message at the end of the trials should be something as "Return to base at Mare Island and end the patrol. You will be assigned new objectives....". The problem is the actual message, leaving you free to continue on patrol, I choose it and I got the vast no- land Pacific without objectives or missions.

Now is April 21, 1942 and I'm departing from Mare Island, the mission is patrol the Carolines.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote