View Single Post
Old 01-22-22, 09:37 AM   #60
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesemaschine View Post
I placed "ACE-OUT.EXE" in AOD's "SIM" folder per the instructions.

I went into DOSBOX, navigated to this folder, ran "ACE-OUT AOD.DYN DAMAGE.BMP" and it spit out the "DAMAGE.BMP" file in that folder.

Awesome!

But no matter which graphical editing program I open it with, it gives me a file corrupted error.

Any ideas? I am on Linux if that matters, but I used dosbox to extract the .BMP so I don't think it should.

Great to hear that you tried it out! The problem is that it is no ordinary BMP, and normal graphic editors won't open it. You have to open it with Engie, the program I have linked to and included. In Engie, you can open those files, view and save. The BMPs that ACE-OUT spits out are files containing multiple frames/images. So for any file with .BMP ending, you should choose "save as frames" in the Engie file menu.

BUT you have to make sure you open those files with the corresponding palette file, and save while the correct palette is loaded. I assume you have downloaded the archive with all extracted files from AOD? The palette files are in there.

It doesn't matter if you are on Linux regarding Dosbox, but I have not tried Engie in Linux. Maybe it can work under Wine?
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote