View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 11:05 PM   #2505
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Tired of bare, lonely decks when you return to port after a successful mission?

Miss having the boys "man the rail"? Like in Aces of the Deep, SH3, and a certain movie I'm sure nobody here has heard of?

Well, Wolves of the Kaiser has got you covered...
An easy addition - just tweak the standard SH4 snorkel and add visibleunderwater controllers via S3D. Yes, they appear and disappear with no problem by pressing the "I" key ... so you will not have crew on deck throughout combat & at inappropriate times.

Will likely add several animated crew, and will polish up the models a bit, depending on the final framerates. Working on animated crew bodies now. A related plan is for simple animation of crew on the submarine walking through compartments - doing a few easily modeled tasks like serving coffee, oiling parts, and cleaning floors.

I already have a walking and panic/running animated surface ship figure that I will post images/video of later - higher detail than the standard SH3/SH4 AI ship crew. It works well and will be adapted to the many different sailors/soldiers/snobby 1st class passengers/refugees/fishermen for the ships you encounter.

The way I see it, no reason not to adapt it to the player's submarine.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote