iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
I am very sorry you have been sick; I hope you get your strength back soon

Your work is gorgeous as always
I really love the new Type 31 ( there'll be a gray/black paint scheme too ?) and the water colors, but I have some dubts about the gun roster: are you sure you want use the 3.7 SF L/14.5 ?
I ask this, bacuse yes, one was used by UB-14 (I think, but not entierly sure hahah ), but the main small gun used by u-boats was this one

The 5cm SK L/40 Quick Firing Gun.
It was mainly a Torpedo-boat's gun, but it was also used as first surface weapon by many early subs until Nov 1915 [ Type 9, Type 13, Type 17 and some souces indicate even Type 19 (not to much sure about the last one)] and was used until summer 1916 by Type B2.
Type B-1 also used this gun: the first one to use it were the to boat sent by train to the Adriatic and used this gun until they were tranferred to Austria-Hungariy; the remaining boats (except of UB-2) were all fitted with this gun by the end of 1916.
I used the sound of that gun in the sound pack I sent to you.
Talking about sounds, have you recieved them ? Could be they be usefull for your work, or do you want I add something more ?
PS: one of them is not "good nominated" ( for "big Ammos Explosion", I meant the explosion of a munition ship, not the shell)
Thanks much for the pictures! And I didn't know about the 50mm being used by the UB-I type; I will include it. There are more than enough existing gun slots for it.

The round weight of the 50mm made it much better for attacking surface ships (though still not as good as an 88mm or 105mm).

If anyone has pics of old-fashioned 88mm, please let me know. I already have the pictures for the one in a Canadian museum (posted earlier on this thread).

And yes, the sounds are very useful and I will try to use as many as possible.

Hang in there boys, soon you will see the new versions of more submarines and many other mod features. I know this has taken long but I have more time off and less family obligations - again, hang in there
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote