View Single Post
Old 12-22-21, 11:14 AM   #2492
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Yes, the U-139 cruiser type will be included....so you will get to take on Allied ships with the big 5.9" guns.

Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt - thank you for your message! I will have a very important private message for you coming soon, so watch out for it.

Again, unfortunately no screenshots but some very important milestones are being reached.

-One big breakthrough: I stumbled on an entirely new way to generate prize warfare screens! Before I was going to use a clumsy particle generator - the new method allows for more different goods/encounters to be displayed very easily, AND it forces the player to come close to the enemy merchant to see what she's carrying. I use the minimum render dimension and camera controllers in S3ditor so that the manifest screen is only visible at close range and when you are on the surface. This guarantees you may be suddenly fighting for your life if the merchant is really a Q-Ship! Best of all, cheating by looking at the manifest screen in free camera will be IMPOSSIBLE!

I will use the same screen method for random encounters where you can rescue passengers from lifeboats, capture spies, pick up secret papers from debris, etc.

-WOTK's water is almost complete! After many months of toil I have developed my own water influenced by SH4 & SH5 environmental mods and UBOOT's water. There will be a more "sea green" variant you can add in as a mod.

-Work continues on polishing the new U-35, which is now almost completely textured with an AO map and 3d hull rivets.

-I am working on changing dates throughout the game.

-I am gathering plans for the merchant ships SS Californian and SS Storstad, which will be the basis for the generic Heavy Merchant and Heavy Collier type ships. Rest assured there will be dozens and dozens of different bridge/funnel/lifeboat arrangements and paint schemes for each merchant, collier, tanker, and ore carrier type to make the random ship encounters more interesting. Again, you will need to be careful that ships with neutral flags are not Q-Ships!

Last edited by iambecomelife; 12-22-21 at 11:33 AM.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote