View Single Post
Old 11-25-16, 12:05 PM   #51
nihilcat
UBOOT Dev

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster1 View Post
looks good, I hope you can turn off all the arcady help pointers off to make it more difficult. I think this is the game I have been waiting for since sh3 nygm. I just hope you can spend plenty of time in sandbox type mode as well as missions, other wise it will not be lasting. Thats why so many people still play sh3 modded
Yes, we are aiming mainly for the interesting sandbox. Many of our random sandbox missions try to make your hunts more interesting and give them some backstory.

Other sandbox missions try to give you some interesting things to do, other than your hunts. For example, there is a sandbox mission in which you have to sneak near the coast and contact with a spy on the enemy territory (using flashlights and Morse code that you have to decipher manually).

We will have a story campaign too, though. It still needs a lot of work when compared to the state of sandbox, we may have some delays.

Quote:
I checked the updates on the kick starter page, I must say, its very promising, especially when I saw the periscopes and read about implementations of tools like the Stadimeter and chrono. Will there be also other tools like the RAOFB, Attack disk, speed charts and so forth?

What I personally am hoping for is

1. dials for manual torpedo settings (when using the periscope or map etc)
2. charts, maps, plotting tools and gadgets as mentioned above
3. and this ones cheeky and unrealistic to ask but the enigma would be amazing to have as well. But I read that the game will be very modder friendly so that shines some hope.
4. The ability to sit down on chairs or lay on the bed or the toilet would be immersive haha.

From what I saw, you guys pretty much got everything else spot on. Really amazing work!

One last question, what will be the starting year? I hope its early in the war, do not want to miss out on the happy times

In short, if its going to have everything that the wolves of steel mod has for silent hunter 5, that would be every veteran submarine simulators fans dream come true. And this game already offers some really interesting features like the moral and energy management and rag dolls!
Thank you!

We won't have all historic tools in the base game. Our aim is to create a model which will be a satisfactory compromise between realism and friendliness for the new players that would like to learn all this stuff. We assume that the torpedo computer is in use and our automatic computations try to simulate these devices.

We are going to be mod friendly though and we consider putting up our official hyper realism periscope mod as an example how to mod the game.

Plotting tools will be there in the base game. Enigma sadly not, sorry

Starting date is 1941.02.02.

Quote:
My first post..WOOOHOOOO

I hope the developers read here,too
and some wishes would be implemented

my personal wishlist

!!! general orientation to aces of the depth and SHIII-MOds !!!

Aces of the deep
1. something like a info area for historical asses/careers/missions/subs
2. some historical single mission to play
3. a bunch of coat of arms for the tower
4. nightclub/bar/pub for historical information about other captain and there missions / losses / victories / events like honors or technical progress
5. animated arrive and run out of a sub with flaggs / music choir / ....

SHIII- Mods
1. the quality speaks for itself!!
2. realistic an historical correct radio news
3. german audio commands of the crew
4. shipping at own ports

so long
Thank you for the input and welcome to subsim

Time will progress as you operate on the sea and you will get notifications on declarations of war and other historical events. As a side note, time will also pass automatically as you will complete the story missions, because you would have to be a very patient player to get to the end of the war

We are hoping to include the animated arrivals, but can't promise this at the moment.
nihilcat is offline   Reply With Quote