Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So, see what you guys think:

both are really cool, but they do show the weaknesses of the game also, especially when there is a lot of ack ack in the air and other parts of the game can't draw as well... The PT boats didn't hit anything, just like in real life, but most did not survive in FotRSU... You'll also see in the Kamikaze attacks that ships are not equipped for collision detection from above too well... the masts take out a few of the divers, which then inflicts minimal damage to the ship. I did have one run of that mission where the Kamikaze sank two of the ships, but only once in about a dozen runs. Both vidz are rough drafts and have very poor "camera" work, which might make an old man dizzy, present company included...
On the PT boats.. what would the chances be... of maybe cloning a set, without the spot lights & having them used as called on set of PT boats in that set up...? cause like you say, in a follow up post & I quote you here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Has anyone noticed that the PT boats had their spot lights on when attacking?... lol - not a very sound tactical decision on their part... Now, if they're going against a barge, fine, but when attacking anything like four DD, a Mogami, and 2 BB with a squadron of PT Boats, I would think that zigging and no lights would be the prudent decision...
Is kind of like a burglar, contacting the police to say, Oh yeah... I plan on being at 'X' & robbing the place... on the spot lights...

& PT boats were known for using their small size, powerful motors that they had.. or at least when the concept was conceived & implemented at any rate.. of slipping in like a knife fighter & slipping the shiv (torps) into a victims gut & slip away... or at least that again, was the general idea behind their design.

& 1 question that comes to mind from that.. are they able to be set up, of being able to launch fish.. besides just sitting there, as they rove about, spitting out .5 cal death..

Other than that, rest of it looked pretty good... & didn't get too dizy from the camera work...

M. M.