View Single Post
Old 09-20-19, 05:12 PM   #1387
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
My guess would be the install versus Save location, since you've done a Windows OS upgrade. While there are no overtly "cosmetic" differences in the basic functioning of the OS, there are some internal differences, and I would first experiment with a "clean" Save folder, but you wouldn't have to necessarily empty it, just temporarily move it elsewhere to where the game can't find it. Then do that same Single Mission. If it still does the same, you will most likely have to re-install the game and start a-fresh... You might also find other apps from your Win7 install that will treat you the same, acting like they are functioning as intended, but not really doing so... Hopefully it won't be any of your important apps that do that... But anything "legacy" (as far as Win10 is concerned) is suspect.
first, thanks for the opinion/suggestion.
second, i don't see how the OS layer can affect the Application layer other than allowing it to use resources and function (run) or not function.
as far as SH is concerned, it shouldn't care if i am running Win7, Win10, or Linux. it is either going to get the resources it requests or it will CTD.
i am going to try what you suggest but it shouldn't matter.
but then this is SH4..................................

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote