View Single Post
Old 12-29-20, 02:08 PM   #20
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
By the way you talk mentioned hot meal. This made me remember what happen to me in 2005.

I was visiting Holland where I met some dear friends-those were
Dargo, DeerhunterUK, Bluebeard, Sharkey, Neal and some others.

We were at some restaurant and I was looking at the menu to see what they served.

I found one with three stars. Hmm this must mean very delicious so I ordered it.

I have never been drinking so much Coca Cola and water during those 15-20 minutes it toke me to eat it.

My mouth and tongue was paralyzed totally.

I learned a lesson-three stars means very, very hot.

I like hot meal, but this was way too much

Markus
That brings back a hot meal based experience I had many years ago.

A friend and I went to an Indian restaurant owned by a friend of my fathers. I ordered my usual Madras curry and he ordered a Phal curry but not only that, he asked for it to be made as hot as possible.

As we began eating our meal my friend started sweating profusely meaning he was repeatedly wiping beads of sweat from his forehead and drinking copious amounts of water which didn't appear to easing his culinary discomfort.

The owner of the restaurant (Raj) obviously noticed and appeared with a fresh tomato and suggested my friend bite on that, which he did and the burning sensation in his mouth was suddenly greatly reduced.

At future visits when we went out for a curry he never ventured further than a Vindaloo.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote