View Single Post
Old 03-03-23, 09:00 AM   #3
jcmemphis
Watch

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Very interesting. So in essence, then, portions of the mod will be okay, but any changes the mods make to documents/sh4/data will not take/hold.

You are absolutely right about SH5; I noticed when I ran OPtionsFileEditorViewer that many of the changes didn't take. But (see earlier comment about stubborn) I kept trying and eventually the ones I wanted finally stayed in, but it was frustrating.

I also noted your comment about root directory. I had tried moving my steam installation to a directory I made off root and it didn't work. I have read over the instructions from the post you shared and I am just not willing to go through that. I have other games installed from Steam that I don't want to remove and I am not willing to get another drive just for this. And just to be clear (asking): moving or copying the steam installtion (the one Program Files (x86)) to anywhere else outside of the steam area will not work? I mean like copy to documents/mygames/SH4/... Agree?

I was thinking that maybe I would just buy a copy directly from Ubisoft and then using that for mods. I'll probably continue with the build I have unless it becomes no longer worthwhile. Once finished (or too frustrated), I will get the Ubisoft and use that for FOTRSU.
jcmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote