Old 09-03-21, 11:07 PM   #2427
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
your work is incredible, as always

The only things seem to be "incorrect" about your model are the bow and the forward part of the Project 46, that, talking about the real one were " similar" in shape to the BIII type.

I hope not to seem impertinent

Talking about Maps: some times ago you said you need some maps of northern European port.

is this the kind of map you need ?
Not at all! I see what you mean; the bow should be more "ridged" towards the tip. That will be this weekend's project. Along with the conning tower. I am pretty happy with it; my old conning towers were too simplistic....the new one for the U-139 class is currently about 20,000 polys so it's about as complex as the improved Type VII conning towers that were modded into SH3 and SH4 German WW2 mods.

I'm still a beginner at modeling subs but I guess I've learned a thing or two-lol.

The current CT will have things like 3d rivets, metal meshes, grab-irons, voice tubes, compass, ship's wheel, several destructible panels, and more.

My old CT's, where most of these details were just painted on as part of the skin, will not be used .... 3d parts are more interesting, of course.

And Oliver thanks for that map; that is the type of item I need. The larger the better - especially maps showing about how large the different coastal towns were.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote