View Single Post
Old 11-10-15, 01:03 PM   #3073
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Ouch,My bad , sry...But if so, I dont think the patch has any effect on SH5 CD units... No detection zones, nothing...
It looks like coastal defenses are a largely unfinished feature . It is possible that, unlike sea, air and submarine units, land units' detection circles are not shown on the map, but if you read the posts by TDW introducting the CD patches, he tested them and they should work. Try setting a test mission with an enemy plane and an enemy costal bunker equipped with long-range sensors, and place your sub well within bunker's detection range, but far from the plane, which should move away from your position. If you enable IRAI, both coastal defense patches, and the "radio" patch (just in case), the aircraft should turn on you as soon as the bunker detects you. If it doesn't, definitely something is wrong.

Quote:
Yes, the unit must be placed few meters of the shore, otherwise it will not be able to use deck gun, I don't know why... Other sensors works fine, it seams.
Maybe because the game thinks that your weird artillery-ships are being serviced on drydocks, if you place them too close to land.

Quote:
There is no rocking on waves however, because of specific settings in unit ship controller (very high drag values and mass).

Quote:
If I had some kind of "platform" in a form of env object, floating problem could be masked completely...
yep, dummy concrete piers/platforms or sandbanks could be a nice solution. I can provide them, no problem. As you are suggesting, we can import them in game as terrain objects or, even better, we can make them sea units. Coastal artillery, converted into regular gun equipment, could be linked to the new "platform-ships" through equipment bones and eqp files, the way we do with ships and aircraft. This way, the same platform could be used for different types of guns, as far as they fit in size with the platform.

Quote:
And yes, they are floating few meters of shore , but now, when I equipped them with hydrophone, sonar, search light sensors and even starshells node, I must say that they are really, REALLY angry...

You are probably looking for a line of Maunsell Forts defending every port

Jeff Grooves, aka privateer, has modelled them nicely for SHIII/GWX. IIRC correctly, they are set precisely as sea units. Maybe we can ask him for permission to use them for SH5
gap is offline   Reply With Quote