View Single Post
Old 01-07-22, 12:41 PM   #39
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon9 The true nature of lesser masochism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiffmorder View Post
I've honestly thought players who stick with SH3 long term (like me) must have a love of the underdog and a bit of a masochistic streak in them.
Considering that, of the 90,000 who surrendered at Stalingrad, only 5,000 came back (over 90%) opting for the Kreigmarine's U-boat arm with only a 75ish % mortality rate, better food, and not freezing while addicted to Pervitin would entice any sensible young Nazi. Strangely, the primary weapon of WWII was STARVATION; the German U-boats waging the longest tonnage Battle of the Atlantic to starve England, and the British likewise; blockading the Festung Europa...with greater success, as the American forces, incl. submarines proceded to do likewise in the Pacific, isolating island garrisons without supplies enroute to Tokyo and glorious victory. Essentially castle seige warfare on a grand scale...nothin' good militarily goes outta style!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote