View Single Post
Old 10-28-21, 08:30 AM   #50
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post

I remember I had 2 Voodoo cards and SLI. What I do not remember what happened to that computer and the other thing is which of the cards the video cord is attached to? It does not matter or it does matter?
Copy that. I missed that entire era of 3dfx. I was using computers but the games I was into weren’t 3D accelerated.

This is all new to me and I’m having a lot of fun with it. After some research, I came up with the photos below. I suspect it does matter how everything is connected.

I learned that if a program or benchmark isn’t written for 3dfx, SLI will make no difference. If it is, it’s fantastic! I replayed Star Wars Racer (the kids and I played that in 1999), and that game looks unbelievable!

M1TP2 looks great too. I think I’ve gotten it running the best I can. All that’s left is to install the game patches. One of them, I remember smooths out the CITV engagement function and makes it less jerky.

I’m working on getting Fraps and a USB drive working with this legacy rig. I might set up a dedicated YouTube channel just for M1TP2 gameplay. There are other videos out there but the demonstrators usually don’t really know how to play and it’s kind of annoying.

I gotta show everybody what this game can do!!!!

Last edited by RetroGamer; 10-28-21 at 09:42 PM.
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote