View Single Post
Old 10-27-21, 11:07 AM   #280
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

22 June 1942

Coral Sea
The heavy detachment ran into some merchies at Milne but did not engage..probably out of ammo. I think these guys are doubling back to rejoin the KB.

The Junyo is still pursuing ships clearing out of the area. It's near the north end of New Caledonia--too far to be supported by the KB. Lexington already left this area, but it's not far. I expect it to turn back, but in the past he's shown that he's fine with parking his carriers off my bases, so we'll see.
Wave 1 (Vals)
DMS Zane, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAP Mungana, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
DMS Boggs, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DM Tracy, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
Wave 2 (Kates)
xAP Mungana, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
DMS Boggs, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
xAP Montoro, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

An air strike on Milne cost the enemy 6 Zeroes and 2 Kates, we lost a P-40. Our B-17s that were in Darwin are now in Brisbane, they went after the Junyo as it continues south... one B-17 was lost with no hits on the enemy.

N. Australia
The Kittyhawks now on CAP here got bounced by a sweep--7 lost with no victories--clearing the way for the bombers we knew were coming later in the day.

South China Sea
KXI sustained light depth charge damage off Miri.

China
There is now a squadron of Zeroes trying to defend his death star near Kaifeng. We shot down 3 of them at the cost of 2 P-43s, our bombers are still getting through. A decent chunk of the death star has already arrived in Chengchow, so it looks like he's won the race.

Burma and Thailand
An enemy submarine showed up at Port Blair to finish what the Betties started, both remaining cargo ships were sunk.

One fighter on each side went down over Rangoon in a sweep.