View Single Post
Old 11-28-19, 10:33 AM   #167
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Exactly... 'logic' gone wrong...
i have not implemented this newest release of FOTRSU yet so it took me a while to figure out this particular string and actually find and read Refits.PDF.

having completed reading the documentation, that i can validate much of what you wrote.
when playing FOTRSU (or any other mod), i usually earn a Max Renown rating at the end of a mission. so when the sim reaches an Upgrade decision and i refuse the new boat then i will not be given updated refits. i can state without hesitation that that is true. no matter which mod-set i play, i never have a chance to play an updated boat (new turm). it never happens.

so i have a question(s) for you, based on all of this discussion. if the patrol rating calculation is true, which "old" rating is used...just the last mission rating or the sum of all of your previous mission ratings?
next....
where is the "new" campaign rating stored? for example, my previous mission rating is 3 and my current mission rating is a 3...when i crunch the numbers my "new" campaign rating is 3. where is that stored such that i could see it?

before you answer let me say that i have inspected the CareerTrack.UPC file before, during, and after missions. i realize that there is a cumulative mission rating stored in the first section of the file (PlayerCurrentRating=24.000000).
i also know that each mission generates a rating (RatingGained=3.000000).
so, if the answer lies in one or both of those values, please explain it. thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow American Kaleuns!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote