View Single Post
Old 10-26-16, 12:31 AM   #6162
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0

I've tried both dates. I get gibberish whichever date I use.

As another example I get a message (without the optional BDU encryption mod) in September (3rd I think), it was sent the same day by BDU. It reads -

DKUW BQGT GBFJ YRTS ICKH VLVW HVPO IMQV SGWP JJOH LLTTF SQVP
AZGK APBK BTBO HPSN MXYB URNX RVOF UHIL LUTZ IIPU DKUW BQGT

Now, if I use September (on all the charts) as the date I get YVLM QYOI, which read vertical gives YLQO and VMYI, LQO = 210 so it's a Hydra message. I follow the charts for setting the dials and plugs and then enter VMYI and finish setting the dials and input the rest of the message, but I still get gibberish coming out!

EDIT - OK I found out where I was going wrong, I used one of the example messages at the end of SkyBarons Enigma manual, loaded up the Tutorial TDC mission, and tried to decode it. I was neglecting to set the dials/plugs for the correct day. I had the right month, not the right day. DOH!!

Now that I know that I've been able to decode the original message I was trying to decode, just to make sure. Don't know about decoding the other two I received because I didn't make a note of the day they were sent (it was between the 3rd and 5th), any my journal doesn't seem to be saving messages properly, even if I manually save it during patrol!!

I'm going to restart anyway and re-enable the BDU encryption optional mod, now that I know where I was going wrong, hopefully this time I can make some progress, and get back to where I was - nearly finished Coastal Waters but with no missions being given (which is what prompted me to start looking at Sober's Mega Mod and then this mega mod)...

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-26-16 at 02:10 AM.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote