View Single Post
Old 10-25-16, 07:17 PM   #6159
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0

I don't seem to be having much luck with Silent Hunter 5 at all at the moment...

I've just tried decoding my first enigma message, after having read the Enigma manual, watched the video tutorial by Potus and following the instructions in the game itself. The message is the first one you receive when operating out of Memel, when near Poland, the one that I'm guessing reads something along the lines of attack anything coming out of Danzig port, but my Engima machine is translating it into gibberish. I've tried decoding it several times...

Here's a video showing what I'm doing (I gave up after a few blocks) -

What am I doing wrong there?

I translated the first two blocks in the above video from EQVI NXVG (using the month August) to KQHM AZIQ which when read vertical gives KHAI QMZQ and KHAI = 247.

BTW I've tried setting the "envelope" to August and September, and I've tried setting the "substitution chart" to August and September, I still get gibberish coming out whichever month I use.

I have TWoS 1.06 RC3 installed on a clean install of SH5 and the optional BDU encryption mod installed, I've even tried it with that optional mod not installed, I still get gibberish...

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-25-16 at 08:35 PM.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote