View Single Post
Old 03-04-13, 05:25 PM   #100
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
No this game was started as a new Campaign with OHII V2.0 and DynEnv 2.9. I'll try removing the Darker Nights mod next time I'm in a bunker and see if that has an effect on waves... but now I'm in July 29 and going northeast to take out the British supplies. So far the waves seem pretty normal. Fog has been ok too for most part. Ran into a patch of heavy rain once too. But it didn't seem to last but about 12 hours or so.
Okay, weather around England seems regular for your current season, but what happened W of Gibraltar is not normal. Let me know in case you bump again into unusual weather. Disabling the Darker Nights submod alone would be pointless: it only affects environment colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
One thing I've noticed is the radio guy will not give me a radar contact on my nav map or any verbal notice. Yet the radar is picking up contact blips from as far as 8000 meters or there abouts. Granted this is the first version of the radar that has the antenna panels on the conning tower. Only a 60 degree coverage both sides I believe. But much testing reveals the guy doesn't even know what a rader unit is. I don't know if this is DynEnv causing this or something else. Seems like a bug in the executable of radar detection notification.
Very little is known about radars in SH5. No one seemed to care much about them. Despite this lack of information, I can give you as fact that DynEnv cannot affect radar contact reports. If there's a problem with them, it must come from stock game
gap is offline   Reply With Quote