View Single Post
Old 03-03-20, 06:58 AM   #1
BlaxChrom
Nub

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Help, a glitch stops me from playing entirely

First off I apologise if there is already a solution to this and just didnt succeed in googling it

This has happened to me before on a different computer, I decided to play SH4 again since i thought a new pc would have helped with this.

Instance 1:
Trying to sneak into some Honshu port to take pics, coming back, im getting a lot of passive sonar contacts (hundreds and hundreds) FPS is getting drastically worse with time compression until the game slows down to a crawl and then hard crashes.

Instance 2 (yesterday):
Sink a passanger ship, think to myself that the japs didnt like that since they were sending a plane after a plane to find me. At a safe distance, i could see at least 10 planes in the air on the air search radar at a time. Same as before, the FPS are really bad in time compression and as Im returning to base, the game grinds to a halt and crashes entirely.

Both of these seem to have a problem with the game spawning ships/planes infinitely and not knowing when to stop and this eventually kills the poor old game, even provided with 32GB of ram. Ive tried many recommended fixes like using 3rd party software to force the game to use more ram.
Understandable if there isnt a fix out there or if I just didnt do something right, but im looking for any help out there
BlaxChrom is offline   Reply With Quote