Thread: [TEC] SweetScape 010 Editor
View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 01:16 PM   #14
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

s7rikerback,

On the search for a dds file of a certain size? The opensearch.1sc can do it as is. Now I will refine it a bit to be more specific but it does work.

Put *.dds as the files to search and the size would be in what to look for.

Say you want to find dds files of 512
It will pull all dds files with 512 in the file size.
BUT! It will find the 512x1024 and such files. Thus the need to refine the search code a bit.

On the date of files search. 010 could be scripted to do this.
BUT!
Since that type info is stored in the hidden areas of a hard drive? It may be better to use other programs to do that for now.
Reason I say that is IF you make a mistake in that area you can easily trash a HD!
What I'm working with now is to copy FotrsU to a removable drive that has been formatted so it's clean. Nothing else is on it.
I can open and scan the dates of files in the hidden area of the master file table. This gives me the names and all the info we need.
As an example, put a usb stick in your computer. Open 010 and select open drive.
You'll get a prompt to install a template file. Do that then browser what pops up.
Best way to do that is format a usb stick then copy one file to it. Makes it easier to see and understand.
I'd suggest checking the read only box at first!

Now, my system has an SSD drive. Not sure why but I can not open that drive. Thus the copy to a removable drive.
What I'm looking at doing is to just copy the info (Names and dates stuff) we want to a file that you can then sort or search.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 01-06-19 at 01:27 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote