Thread: [TEC] SweetScape 010 Editor
View Single Post
Old 01-05-19, 09:49 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It is not something that can be "mastered", or even used efficiently in just a few mouse clicks, unless you are already familiar with a similar proggie. At its basic level, it is a text editor, and can be used as an editor for programming C or Basic (and hex) or a myriad other programming languages, including scripting, or used just with plain text files. It can use templates to open files so that the user can more easily "see" a files structure, and it can use scripts to more easily utilize said file structure in a semi-automatic way.

010 is a tool, such as an electric saw with changeable blades. You can con-struct something, or you can de-struct something. I've been attempting to use it to pull certain data from certain files for studying and comparing. Thus far though, I'm having to take baby steps, even though I used to do C programming many many moons ago. I am better at getting "Invalid data type" or other error messages, than I am at getting usable results. It takes a while, and a lot of reading of the 010 documentation - and they have a lot of it. Most of us will probably never reach the level of understanding of the editor that Jeff-Groves has, but we can try, and have fun along the way...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote