View Single Post
Old 10-27-17, 10:16 AM   #9031
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Yep! On the way to Färöer Islands with TWoS 2.09c on board!

Vecko, i the past you wrote that its not necessary to save and reload the game when entering the port. You said you were able to fix the stability problems.

But whats about.. Its still necessary to start the game after 72h sim time and what does starting mean. Its ok when saving the game and getting back to game menu and reloading the saved game, or does it mean leaving the game to desktop and starting the game new by sh.exe?

and.. Also still necessary and if it is so can you pls explain why? Thanks a lot.
These tips were especially important in old TWoS version because if you would not follow them, the game would probably CTD after some time.

This was the big problem which was and still is torturing all SH5 modlists for years.

Luckily, this is not the case in TWoS anymore but I decided to keep those tips because they can not do any harm plus, it appears that shorter playing sessions in mentioned areas have positive impact on game performances and encountered AI units (especially airplanes) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirinFrost View Post

I have researched on it before and i think that since the GHG is placed below the waterline, it should pick up contacts on the surface as well. Any idea on how to disable this particular mod inside the modpack?
This is true, but since realistic implementation of GHG surface detection abilities is not possible due to SH limitations (sonarmen reports contacts even with diesel roaring at 15+ knots), it is better solution to restrict all hydrophones to underwater operations only...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote