View Single Post
Old 03-01-10, 05:31 PM   #99
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Nope, no such luck. I think I've pinned it down to morale after all. After I reloaded my save game, my crew's morale is inexplicably at 0. It may have 0'd after I stopped for resupply at helgoland - maybe along with my supplies being reset to 100, my morale reset to 0. It shouldn't be - and the stupid thing is, since I'd chatted to all of them before resupplying, for now it seems like there's nothing more than have to say, so I can't "buy" any morale that way.

Ironically, my cook and bosun both have abilities that can raise morale. But those abilities require morale to be non-0 to use.

So the bottom line is, crew without morale just fails to do anything. I understand why they weren't reporting contacts - apparently they feel so crappy they've become blind with depression.

Oh my goodness Ubisoft, really? Please fix this. I'm all for morale being a serious, even decisive factor in the game and I applaud the crew management aspects. But this is just ridiculous. I'm stuck on a boat where the crew won't even go up to their stations. That's completely unacceptable, but it's the only thing I can explain this with. In single missions, identical boats have no problem manning their guns; and it seems like the only difference here is indeed morale. Abilities like that as well as crew's basic functions (like spotting ships properly) absolutely cannot be tied THAT closely to morale. Morale should also never randomly reset or go down to "0" in this fashion.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote