View Single Post
Old 07-30-16, 10:46 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Welcome back!

Just out of curiosity, what was your old handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_8minus0 View Post
Got my old XP up and running at last and even managed to find my SubSim CD from 2002. Saving up to purchase a new SubSim CD but in the mean time.
I don't even remember what was on the SubSim CD. The patches and mods are all available at SubSim Downloads' SH2 and DC sections, I think. I need reminding.

Quote:
What is your take on which is easier/better to get back into first - SH2 or DC. By back into not only playing but also updating to the best Mod state of the two.
I think they're about the same, as far as re-learning goes. I don't play them anymore, but there are some here who still do, and can help.

Quote:
PS: Also posting so that my new guy status can be updated as I see that even these old classics have new Mods in the DownLoad section that are not on my 2002 CD - LOL.
More downloads and new avatars come with more posts. On the other hand, a small donation gets you a lot more of the downloads and you get to make your own avatar.

Quote:
PS To the nice guy in the SubSim help email department who attempted to help me reactivate my old account - THANKS - even though it couldn't be found going forward is all that matters anyway. THANKS again for the effort - as that is all we can ask of anyone but even more rewarding when they make the effort no matter the outcome. . .
That would have to be Onkel Neal Stevens, the website owner. He's always going the extra mile to help people get straightened out here.