View Single Post
Old 05-09-22, 01:48 PM   #22
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Thus far, in further testing, I have not found any further engine sound issues, nor sonar tracking trouble, but... it is more than a pinch difficult to sink some of them still... If you attempt to sink a US S-Boat, I emptied the whole bunker on one, then surfaced and did the deck gun for a good while, with over a 95% hit rate at close range, and while the after deck was underwater, the conning tower and bow were not. It also looks like the DMG image might be a pinch off in the bow. Makes me wonder how I was sunk by a circular runner a while back while in an S-Boat...

old video

Ouch.

Now, I have to say and I know its a stock legacy issue, its drives me nuts how subs can still function after a torpedo hit lol,. By all accounts of survivors, circle run impact results in immediate flooding and lost of control.

Going off travelers flooding work, I modded the flooding and what not when revamping the damage model in TMO so when take a torpedo hit, even if hull damage does no shoot to 100, you will flood fast and sink, blowing ballast might get to surface but you would sink again before water could be pumped. Problem as you likely no is if make sub vulnerable enough for own torpedoes to have desired effect, does not hold up well as it should to depth charges etc. so I had to choose to have them perform properly under attack from enemy and hope player would stay on honor system if struck by own torpedo.

I had the subs sinking from the surface when had too much flooding as traveler did in his mod, but never could get things balanced properly in TMO. I shelved that aspect of the mod for later in order to move forward.
I know you are aware but man, UBI was really phoning it when comes to many aspects of SH 4, ridiculous lol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote