View Single Post
Old 03-14-17, 02:18 AM   #7399
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186
Uploads: 0
Default Lunar Phases fix

Hi all. After installing DynEnv v2.9 many years ago, and recently also TWOS, I noticed the moon phases were reversed, with the lit side of the moon facing away from the sun. EG: lit side of waxing sun was eastern limb and after full moon the waning moon was lit on the west limb. (Northern Hemisphere)

I have modified the moon.dds from DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod to correct the mistake, matching the phases in the original graphic. Credit for the new graphic goes to the maker(s) of DynEnv v2.9 mod and creator of the moon.dds graphic therein. Original SH5 moon file is included as MoonOriginal.dds

Feel free to incorporate this fix in future TWOS updates! Awesome community and great mod. TY all for the hard work.
-Katze

Unzip to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods folder and install using JGSME after DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod, or if using TWOS, after 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 09.

*EDIT: Whoops, 1.1 fix on the way: New testing showed waxing moon was inverted and flipped in game.. silly me thought they'd use the images consistently.
New link to 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?nh6hmwbpa62jovz

Last edited by Katze; 03-16-17 at 01:00 AM.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote