View Single Post
Old 07-15-23, 12:56 PM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

F4 tremendously improves with mods that take all the light sources out of the game and make nights really dark. Fighting in the night this way is a new ball game. Also a weather mod is a good idea. Finally, polish up the looks of the commonwealth, after so long a time you can expect that there is more green again. These mods never gave me stability issues. In general my stability of F4 is fully convincing.

Another thing are mods that strengthen factions, have them roaming around in big bands, armed to the teeth. They can have massively enforced strongholds in the game. With the 5 companions I roam around with, it really needs time to ugrade and armour them all for the day of battle, else you get plowed under. And these battles have nothing to do with default F4 battles, these battles are war, turnign for example all of Concorde into a battlefield, with lasting, very intense firefights. I also like to take on such strongholds alone, with sniper rifles and silenced weapons.

Finally I use mods that improve constuction of buoldings and settlement, add link points to individual wall segments and so forth. More lamps, furniture.

I use all mods via Workshop, not Nexus. Again, stability is not an issue for me. I had such issues, and abandoned the mods causing them, but it did not happen often.

edit:

I found a couple of old screenshots that I threw together in a 3 minute video. They all illustrate heavy mod use, the game I play has not much to do with default anymore. If you try that sort of game on "survive", you will soon scratch that word from the list of words you know. The last three pics are night shots, you will not see anything if your room with the monitor is brightly lluminated. In such coinditions its a lot about cat and mouse play. I sometimes freaked out when I suddenly crawled not an hostile whom I did not see. The night mod imo is one of the most important immersion mods.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-15-23 at 01:33 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote