View Single Post
Old 11-18-19, 07:48 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Two, three weeks ago I saw a documetnation on the state of things, and they said in it that while int he wets everybody goes crazy abiut battery-run cars while ignoring the tremendous and extrenly costly infrastructure problem, in many Asian countries incolduing Japan and China, the yhave a very different attitude. In Japan th welcoming of electric cars is coo, only, and in China it is below expctaction as well. The real differen ic that in japan they still are not on the batter ytrain, but push development in two way, regarding hydrogen as well, which is more popular in japan than anywhere else. It avoid allt he priblem s with needing to establish the loading infrastructure, and creharging times. In China the quality was too bad so far, and the government set up a prigrma to have that quality level raised. Still, the media reprts we have in the West that the Chiense go electric like crazy, seem to be propaganda so far.

Sounds to me as if the Asians have a far more sober and realistic approach to electric cars. Especially the Japanese calmness I ike.

Personally I would prefer hydrogen-run cars. I know cretaing hydrogene is mor energy-intensive, but so far I still wait for somebody showing REALISTIC calculations how to establish the needed infrastructure without making it an extremely costly enterprise for the private households owning property and beign forced to pay for the construction. The new laws they mull in Germany will force property owners to pay for it, in case of the six-flats-house where I have my appartment, it would cost 30 to 40 tousand coins to provide the six garages with charging terminals. And subisdies by the state? Dont make me laugh the state get the koeny for these subsidies from taxes, so they would be OUR money that was stolen from us before.

The way it gets pushed her ein the west, I still rate it as hysterical actionism by politicians wanting to please Fridays for Future. To have a shaky greta coaltion in office that at the last election was vouted out and should nto even exist, doe snto make me more optmistic for the forseeable future of a realstric electricity-driven car program. There is no other country in the world - NONE - that tries as desperately as Germany to cripple the one vital key industry it has and on which all national wealth and wellfare depends. The e-cars offered by Germna car makers, are an alarm signal to me. They are extremely expensive and belong to the medium and upper luxury sehment, with the decisive small-cars-sgment beign dominated by Asian car amkers since long, they do the small cars much better by now than the Germans. And still the Germans have nothign better to do than to spank and torture the one industry of theirs that keeps the German ship floating.

Surreal. Unreal. Anti-real.

Tesla wants to build a gigafactory near Berlin, so says Musk. Of course with enormous tax subsidies by the germans. Tesla also builds batteries, a field where the German car makers lag behind, and depend on subcontractors supplying them with batteries. VW just has annoucned to cisnider to mayb estart building it sown batteries. They would be the first german car maker. That is strange when saying at the same time one wants to play at the top.

Teslas are too expensive. The European and German e-cars usually are too expensive as well. The decisive segment are affordable, s all cars, and I think it will be the Asians winnign that race: Japan, India, China, Korea. For small cars, Asian brands would be my first choice since years.