View Single Post
Old 01-24-19, 01:41 PM   #45
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
Is the reasoning behind the "On station" autoscripts to make sure your Hydrophone guy doesn't miss contacts? I used to do my own hydrochecks (like SH3 when you could hear contacts the AI couldn't), but I don't do that anymore.

I guess what I'm saying/asking is: Is there a need to go to the Hydrophone station? The guy never stops scanning (unless "follow nearest sound contact" is clicked. So as soon as you are below 15 Meters, the sound guy should start calling out new contacts. Obviously going to "all stop" and getting below 30 meters (and baffles check) increases your chances of the guy hearing a contact.

I think there is a difference in how the hydrophone works in SH5 verse SH3. In SH3...I was rewarded for doing my own sound checks. I'd be able to pick up very faint (long distance) ships that the AI guy couldn't detect and if I wasn't very careful and listening very closely I too would miss the sound contact. In SH5 at the very least, if ANY sound was audible, a "unknown" description would automatically pop up...thus killing the need for me to do it myself. Is this true? or are there sounds I'm missing? I liked the way SH3 did that...but in the end it was very time consuming and my Wife would look at me weird when I turned the volume WAY up to try and pick out those contacts.

So my point being.....why do "on station" checks at all if sound guy gets it all in the first place?

Are there any "pattern" searches that I'm missing from Husks? I only find the Trevally pattern searches...which seem to use too much fuel for my liking.

Lastly...after looking at the commands... is there a need to use command Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,30....given that the sound guy is always doing sweeps? I can only see this being a problem if you assign the guy to follow nearest contact and doesn't go back to Normal sweep.
Been away a while. Sorry for the mod being made and described as messy as the authors head in general.

everything on station checks are just eyecandy/atmosphere candy. I just like them.
I hope they still work as intended. when boat characteristic performancewise change in the mod , funny things might happen to the timings.
Those 30secs checking is also a part of letting the boat get time to get to correct course and to stay a bit at intended depth. No command for magnetic course I think just degrees port and starboard. No matter where the seconds are put, compressed or tc1, the boat need a certain time to get to course. Speed of boat is also a factor here thats why it speeds up just upon diving in FE fuel efficient search(hopefully recharged cause that also affect speeds)

Pa is patrolarealurk, wasnt that obvious? :O. Just baffles around without suffocating and just long enough surface run to recharcge. Again sorry its so messy.

I have never made any patternsearch since they used all my fuel in those areas.

As names had to be different and varied in size things got out of hand and my namings went hayway as I tried to keep them short enough.

On station search or on st is on station visualized in game
no station or no st is no station visualized, but of course the guy is there.
fe fuel efficient
d for deep sh for shallow
pa patrolarea
x was just for compressed.

Last edited by Husksubsky; 01-24-19 at 02:02 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote